Thursday, July 10, 2014

Fairytales


 
Ashley let me in with a laugh. Ree heard the exchange at the door and looked at me open-jawed and bug-eyed. “You mean to tell me the Wicked Witch of the Dorm has a gentleman caller?”



I laughed. “It would seem.” Ree patted the side of her bed and told me to sit down. She wanted to hear about my night at the houses. I told her I loved ODP a lot more than I anticipated. She said that Alpha Delta gave her the heebie jeebies. They were kind of animatronic, I could give her that. Ashley sighed.

“Ashley, I’m sorry, we’re being insensitive. I know you wish you were going through.” I suddenly felt guilty.

Ashley shook her head. “I just don’t think that coach realizes she’s making us miss out on this chance to bond with the rest of the class. Granted, recruitment isn’t for everyone, but she’s not giving us the option.”

I didn’t know what to say. Ree sensed the palpable awkwardness, and suggested we go find  a Redbox and watch all the Twilight movies they had available. We ended up with the first one, and both parts of Breaking Dawn.

We bought gummy worms, ice cream, mini Reese’s cups, potato chips and cheap wine. We were ready for this bad movie marathon. As we were putting the DVD on, Mark sent me a text.

Hey sweetie. Hope your night went well. ;)

I smiled like a fool. Thanks! It really did. Are you ready for your big day tomorrow?

Yeah, one of the Theta’s asked me over to the house. I might head over there. Want to join me?

I balked and choked on a gummy worm in the process. As I was coughing Ashley notice my phone in my hand. “Did he just send you a sext?!”

I started laughing in addition to the choking. I finally caught my breath. “No, Ash, he didn’t sext me. He asked me out to Theta with him.”

Ree started clapping hysterically. “You have to go!”

I shook my head. “You know I can’t. Even though I really want to. If any of the sorority members are there I’ll get black balled.”

“You think they’d kick you out just for that?”

I nodded. “Mom and Mary said that’s the fastest sure fire way to get no bid. From anyone. I’ll tell him. It’s okay, I spent last night with him anyway. I’m with y’all.”

There was silence as I drafted my text to send him. I really wish I could, honey. It’d be a violation of recruitment if I went over there. I do hope you have a good time though. I’ll talk to you later?

As I hit send I noticed there were four eyes intently on me. “What do you mean you spent last night with him?” Ree shook her head accusingly.

“I mean that Mark and I were together last night.” I was being coy.

Ashley yelped, “You totally had sex with him!”

I laughed and nodded.

Ree barked out, “And you didn’t tell us?!”

“Well, y’all didn’t really ask...”

And as quickly as that we abandoned the incomplete Twilight Saga and they wanted a rehashing of the previous night, the next morning, and breakfast.

“You really got the sweetest guy. Ever.” Ashley sighed.

“Y’all, let’s not get too excited. He’s not mine. He’s not even my boyfriend. We haven’t talked about being exclusive. We just are two people.”

Ree waved her hand at me. “I, Harriet Worthington, am swearing to you this man is your boyfriend. Don’t even try to avoid it for another minute.”

When we finally got back to watching the movie, it was around 2am. Mark sent me another text. I missed you. Sleep well, princess.

You’re so sweet. Goodnight.

What? Am I not your prince?

I don’t know, are you?

Oh, I definitely am.

Well then, goodnight Prince Mark. Rest up, you’ve got a bid day tomorrow.

We do. Can I see you before the parties? Lunch?

I’ll see if I can squeeze you in. You know a Princess’s work is never done...

I’ll pick you up at 11:30 in a pumpkin carriage. Sleep sweet.
And, I have to admit, with that I did sleep sweet.






***Hey friends! I'm going on vacation next week EEKKK! However, I've tried with much failure to schedule posts before. So, I just want you all to know if something doesn't happen according to my meticulous plan, I'm sorry and I'll try to correct it as soon as possible.


Again, I appreciate all of you, and I am flattered that you guys keep coming back. I hope y'all have an awesome week while I'm roasting on a beach somewhere with rum in my cup.


Much love,
Lee***

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I really like this blog, its fun to read about the sorority thing from an inside perspective. Just wanted to say thanks for writing and enjoy your vacay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, you are so welcome. Thanks for visiting!! I'm excited to see where Kathleen goes through her college journey. Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  2. This is fun, and a nice change from the NYC blogs that are so common :)

    http://newbeginning-newadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the south, so I definitely wanted people to know about it's charm. After this whole rush bit is over, I'll start to focus a bit more on that! I'll be sure to check out your blog soon! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete